Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Last Stop on the Comet

Well, I finished the book. (Actually, I finished it a while ago.) My thoughts? The story is good - so good, in fact, that I still like it after slogging my way through the entire book. The biggest problem? Objectivism! Ayn, we all pretty much had that philosophical shit down by page 500. Did you slack off on it and pick up the story instead? Oh no, you piled it on thicker. I won't even go into the multitude of reasons Objectivism would never work, but hey; in a perfect world, right? Also, your heroes need to lighten up every once in a while. The good guys are always dour and serious; they need to loosen up and have fun. Yeesh.

3 Comments:

Blogger i am he said...

the heroes in all her books always feel to me like when they have sex, it's violent and impersonal and this bothered me

December 24, 2004 at 12:12 AM  
Blogger i am he said...

...but then again, I'm a big romantichead so maybe I'm just not getting it enuf...

December 24, 2004 at 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is random (so I guess, in a way, it's appropriate given the title of this blog), but I didn't know until a couple years after I'd gotten into her writing that her first name rhymed with "mine," "fine" and "pine," not "rain" or "vein" or "spain."

December 3, 2005 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home